yrwts

yrwts

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Watching Over My Jewels a Little Better...

It has been almost 30 years since I was part of the choir at Trinty Church in Cedar Hill and got to participate in a musical program written by Steve Fry called, "We Are Called".  What BEAUTIFUL songs God gave to Steve! 

I have been listening to the cd of "We Are Called".  The title song is just so beautiful and challenging.  When I listen to the words, I know that there is no reason for me to tell God that I cannot fulfill my calling because of my personal circumstances...  I am praying that God will open my eyes and heart to opportunity to minister to Him... and then to minister to others.



When I was a little girl, I remember hearing Billy Graham preach one time about how God has given each of us a handful of priceless jewels...  but, we let them slip away lost forever, never to be reclaimed... he said those jewels were seconds, mintutes, hours and days of our lives that we let slip away wasted.  I am ashamed to say, I have done that over the years.  And here, I am living in an age that seems to just be more and more vile every day.  I think it is time for me to step up and claim Ephesians 5:16 "Making the very most of the time, because the days are evil."  I need to tend to my jewels better.

I thank God for opportunities to serve Him, minister to Him, and the people He brings into my life every day.

Praying today for:
The nation of Haiti
The state of New York

Remember, Nana loves you!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment