yrwts

yrwts

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

God is a little picky when it comes to you!



Psalm 139 says that God is interested in you.
  • Verses 1-4 tell us that our lives are played out in front of His eyes. 
  • Verses 5-12 tell us that no matter what the situation of our life, God is right there, closer than our breath, nothing can hide us from His gaze. 
  • Verses 13-15 tell us that we are the handiwork of God. He did not just throw some atoms together and decide, “Okay, there is another human being. Not perfect, but they will do.” 
The psalmist says we are, “curiously wrought” (KJV). Amplified version reads, “intricately and skillfully formed [as if embroidered with many colors]
  • Verse 16 says that even while all the pieces are coming together, God works it all together to achieve what He has intended for us. Jeremiah 29:11 tells us that He knows the plans He has thought out for us, plans for us to have a future, and hope, and to achieve an intended end. 
  • Verses 17 & 18 tell us that He plans for us and works on us and thinks about us more than just a little bit… we cannot even comprehend the thoughts that God has toward us. 


I love that!!! The Word of God says, we are “formed as if embroidered with many colors”.
My favorite ways to spend time is in my craft room quilting and embroidering. I love both of those hobbies.

I tend to like the old fashioned or “prim” embroidery designs. I enjoy embroidering dishtowels with those old fashioned designs!

My favorite quilting fabrics are old time prints like my grandmother, Bessie, used in her sewing. They are so feminine and bring back wonderful memories.

Quilters are an odd lot to some of you, because…
  • We are all SO picky about the colors, textures, and type of fabrics we use. 
  • We buy several large pieces of fabric. 
  • Then, we cut those fabrics up into small shapes. 
  • Then, we sew those shapes back together! 

In the time I spend on a quilt, I have worked with that fabric, handled it as I placed it together in different ways to achieve the end result that I want and held it as I stitched it together.
I know every inch of that quilt.

It is the same way with embroidery.
  • I am picky about the way I want it to turn out. 
  • I hold the item in my hands and draw a design on it. 
  • Then, I pick just the right color and texture of thread that will give the finished result I want. 

I have hopes for the things I make for others in my craft room.
  • I hope they know I made it for them with love. 
  • I hope people are happy with what I have made them. 
  • I hope they know I chose the colors, threads, and designs just for them. 
  • I hope they will use the item and respect the time I spent making it for them. 
  • I hope they know I created it for them for a specific purpose. 
  • I hope they will use it for that intended purpose and not just toss it aside. 

Do you think for one minute that God cares less about you than I care about the quilts and embroidery that I create?

Romans 8:28
, Paul pretty well sums up all those verses in Psalm 139 in one verse. “And we know [with great confidence] that God [who is deeply concerned about us] causes all things to work together [as a plan] for good for those who love God, and those who are called according to His plan and purpose.” (Amp.)

No comments:

Post a Comment