yrwts

yrwts

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thank You, Brother Paul

When I was little, my first pastor was Bro. Paul.  I don't remember his last name.  I know my Uncle Sam could tell me in two seonds what his last name was.
Thanks to the internet, I have found several pictures of him lately.  He was such a beautiful soul.  He loved Jesus Christ with all his heart.  He played the drums, and he sat at his drums when he wasn't preaching.  When someone else said something that made him happy he pumped the pedal on that big drum to show his enthusiasic "AMEN".
One night at church, when I was only about 5, Bro. Paul came to me and led me to the altar and prayed the "Sinner's Prayer" with me.  I can still remember that prayer.  His gruff, gravelly voice whispering to me about what to say and why were praying like this.  So, thank you, Brother Paul.
My grandmother learned a lot about the Bible from Bro. Paul.  So did my Uncle Sam.  I learned a lot about the Bible from both of them. So, Thank you Brother Paul.
I never remember anything about him except love, smiles and acceptance.  So, thank you Brother Paul.
From his teaching and preaching thousands have been blessed.  I know that he is in heaven now, I would love to know his life story.  I am sure it would make a magnificent book.
How I wish I could say to him right now, "THANK YOU, BROTHER PAUL".

Praying today for:
The nation of Saudi Arabia
The state of New Hampshire

Remember, Nana loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment