yrwts

yrwts

Monday, December 13, 2010

He gave me the whole world...

When it comes to uncles, I got the best.  My two uncles on my mother's side, Uncle Sam and Uncle Loy, were always very close to me when I was younger.  I just thought they knew everything, and both of them wrote the book on being cool as far as I was concerned. 
My uncle Loy always wants to give children gifts to make them think.  To open up the world to us.  The Christmas when I was 8 years old, he literally gave me the world.  My Uncle Loy gave me a globe.
It was so pretty.  Every nation had a unique color.  And when it came to the U.S.A., every state had a unique color.
I remember looking at that globe and finding the U.S.A.  Then I found MY state, Oklahoma.  then, I looked really close and there it was... my home town, Oklahoma City!  I still remember the excitement as I realized that I lived in the very middle of the best city, of the best state, of the best nation in the the WHOLE world!  Even at that young age, I wondered WHY???  I had heard on tv and at church about the children who lived in other areas of the world and how they did not have even the basic things.  Why did God let me be born right in the middle of all that goodness?  It actually humbled me.  I knew even then that I was very blessed and I was thankful.
I am 59 now and that globe is long gone, but it will never be forgotten.  I have moved just a few hundred miles to the south, but I still cannot believe that God blessed me to live in the wonderful places that I have lived.

Thanks, Uncle Loy, for introducing me to the whole world.

Praying today for:
The nation of Indonesia
The state of Vermont

Remember, Nana loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment